Workplace Ergonomics: Injury Prevention Through Ergonomics
Price: $ 59.95+GST
Everyday activities like reaching to get supplies off of a shelf, sitting in front of a computer for hours, and moving heavy products around the shop can all take a toll on our bodies. This course will teach you how to make your environment as ergonomic as possible in order to make daily tasks easier on your body and mind.
In this course, you will learn how to identify, assess, and resolve ergonomic issues. You will also learn about basic ergonomic principles for sitting, standing, lifting, transporting items, and using tools. Ergonomic environments and workstations will also be covered.
Table of Contents
1. Course Overview
2. Getting Started
What is Ergonomics?
Legislation and Regulatory Bodies
3. The Role of Ergonomics in Your Workplace
A Plan for Everyone
4. The Ergonomic Assessment Cycle
5. Identifying and Assessing Ergonomic Hazards
How to Identify Ergonomic Hazards
An Assessment Toolkit
Case Study: The Acme Widget Company
6. Developing a Plan to Address
Three Key Methods
7. Identifying and Implementing Solutions
Where to Find Ideas?
8. Obtaining Employee Buy-In
Change Management 101
9. Tips for Successful Implementation
10. Reviewing Your Ergonomics Program
11. Basic Ergonomic Principles
12. Optimal Sitting and Standing
Best Practices for Sitting
Best Practices for Standing
Identifying Areas for Improvement
13. Safe Lifting and Transporting
Transporting Materials Safely
14. Ergonomic Workstations
15. Safe Tool Selection and Use Safe Tool Design
16. Creating an Ergonomic Environment
See the Light!
Breathe the Air!
Hear the Sounds!
17. Bringing It All Together
18. Personal Action Plan
19. Recommended Reading List
20. Post-Course Assessment